We have been enjoying some down time before the phone and reservations start coming in for the summer. The 2015 rates and cabin availability are current on the website. In addition, we are switching over to a Wordpress site which will allow us to do some new things. We are very anxious for that to happen.
Our fall project was a remodel of the downstairs of our Big Sag Cabin. We actually raised the cabin and replaced the block walls. We will finish the rest in the spring and think you will like the new look.
Some dates to remember for 2015.
- Boundary Waters Permit Reservations open January 28, 2015
- Quetico Park Permits can be reserved 5 months in advance of your trip departure date...so June 1 permits can be reserved January 1, etc.
- MN Fishing Opener is May 9th, 2015.
- Ontario Quetico Fishing Opener is May 16th, 2015.
- Seagull Cabins open on May 8th, 2015.
- Seagull Outfitters will open as soon as the ice goes out!
We are hiring staff now for the summer season. If you know someone that may fit well with us, please send them our way. We are hoping to get some returnees from the past summer. We had a great crew of Jon, Fritz, Zach and Katie that got us through September. Mariah from the summer of 2013 will be back for part of the coming summer. We are hoping Brittany will be working the phones again in 2015! She did a great job for us as well.
We finished with a strong 2015 season despite the slow start. We want to thank all of you for your business.
We look forward to hearing from you as you plan for the summer. Happy Holidays!